Thursday, May 15, 2008

resting points on the journey

Leland and I are close to our one year anniversary and I am realizing a lot has happened.
  • I have learned to cope with not working and accepting that my value as a person is not in what I accomplish.
  • We traveled to LA for a job interview.
  • Leland got a job at Louisiana Tech and we decided to move to the south.
  • Leland wrote his dissertation, defended, and graduated.
  • We traveled to LA to look for a house and bought one (now pending inspection).
  • We decided that I am going to work for Chi Alpha at Louisiana Tech.
One could easily look at this list and think it is all that has happened, but for me the resting places along the way have been the most significant. I am grateful that life is more about the journey than the destination.


Leland's graduation...yeah, he is done!

The mighty Mississippi behind us, this was at the MS and LA border.

A picture of us on LA Tech's campus...we did not really thing the statue was funny looking till after we looked at the picture.

No comments: