Friday, August 7, 2009

new horsey

Yesterday we got a new addition to our family. We have been discussing what to do with cars for months now. The Honda's miles were building up quickly and it was becoming a wonderful second car...but we needed it to be the primary vehicle. We drove through Alexandria, LA earlier this week and test drove a Pontiac Vibe.
We decided to put an offer on the Vibe and were surprised when they accepted it, so we started to drive through a thunder storm to pick it up. We are glad to add Poncho to our family but I was sad to see the Honda leave. The Honda and I had many good memories together.

We named the car Poncho, short from Pontiota (Pontiac & Toyota combined, Leland's creation). The Vibe is the exact same car as the Toyata Matrix.

I am happy that the complicated search for a wagon is over, I can wait a long time before looking for another car.

2 comments:

Bree said...

I thought that you might both be closet Willie Nelson fans with a name like that! Wait, maybe Leland is and I just don't know it. Anyhow, I like your new ride... will be great for all your long trips!

Meliski said...

Love the new ride! Of course, an actual horse would have been pretty cool too! :)