Wednesday, June 9, 2010

joy of paperwork

I knew when the summer came and students left my life would change drastically. When you spend the majority of your time hanging out with people, the mass exodus of summer changes things quite a bit. Things with Chi Alpha are keeping me fairly busy, moving facilities is a lot of work.

The biggest change of the summer for me is focusing on administrative things. I am working on the paperwork for our Dossier. It has been a long time since I have done an administrative project, so this is a stretching for me. I am growing through this process and remembering how to focus on details again.

I am focusing on one thing at a time and I am slowly plugging away at this project. I can see how God is going to change me through this process.

We are also celebrating the small victories. Here are some of them:
  • FBI fingerprints are in the mail and being processed.
  • We collected the addresses for every place we have lived since we were 18. It included 5 states for Leland and 10 Washington addresses for Jenni. Interesting fact from the process: WSU's recorded did not go back to my freshman year.
  • For every state we have lived in we have child abuse clearance we need to receive...the paperwork for them is completed.
  • We have finished a homestudy.
  • Three of our adoption education courses are completed.
Adoption is a unique process that includes a lot of paperwork, government departments (state, US and Ethiopian), and lots of waiting. The process is full swing forward and we are trying to take it one thing at a time.

2 comments:

Meliski said...

Oh my goodness! I didn't even think of the Child Abuse clearance you would be needing from each state! Good job getting that done already! Keep plugging away mama. Besides our I-171, I think all we need for our Dossier is the page of photos. That shouldn't be too difficult.

How's that letter from B of A coming? LoL. Yeah, good luck with that! It's gonna make you so mad you will consider closing your account, I guarantee it!

lww and jmw said...

The child abuse for five states was a surprise. I got my part done, the paperwork completed...it will be interesting to see how long it takes each state to process it.

I actually not seen the B of A letter in our paperwork or to-do list. I will ask someone from AGCI next time I talk with them.

Way to get your Dossier almost done. I am sure those pictures will be really easy. :)