Thursday, March 10, 2011

truth in the unknown

The last couple of days have been interesting with unknowns with adoption in Ethiopia (please read the previous blog to learn about the circumstances, it is important). We have gained a better understanding of why people call adoption an emotional roller coaster. In the midst of all the unknowns I have been reminded of what I know is true.

The helpless put their trust in you.
You defend the orphans.
Psalm 10:14

For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality and accepts no bribes. He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing.
Deuteronomy 10:17-18

God is the defender of the orphans.

I choose to trust that God defends the orphans. God cares more than I do for the orphans. He knows each orphan's name. He knows their need. His heart breaks when they hurt. God passionately loves them.

The word of God says, "He defends the cause of the fatherless." I choose to trust God. I believe God is defending the orphans in Ethiopia and all over the world.

No comments: