Thursday, March 15, 2012

numbers


While we have been on the wait list you have to find things to celebrate.  Lets be honest, waiting is not very fun.  Who likes to wait in line at the grocery store? 

So I create small goals to celebrate.  I always have been excited anytime the number in the tens column goes down by one.  When we were 85, I looked forward to being in the 70s.  For a long time we have been in the teens and we have been looking forward to having a number that is a single digit.

It happened. 


This month we found out that we are 8 on the boy list and 16 on the girl list.  We still have no idea how long we will continue to wait for a referral (to answer the first question most people have).  For now, we are celebrating being in the single digits and trusting that God has a plan. 

4 comments:

Bree said...

yay! single digits is excellent! i've been thinking lots about your new baby lately; so excited that you're getting closer to getting him or her! love you both, bree

lww and jmw said...

Thanks Bree. I was thinking about how I missed the Mann family when I looked at the picture on my frig without Ruby in it. I love you!

Meliski said...

7 is a pretty holy number, but as much as I like it, I hope next month you skip right over it to something below 5!

lww and jmw said...

I agree with you Melissa. We would happily skip the holy number 7. I am still praying for the miracle of God getting the adoption completed this summer. I know it is a God size miracle, but I don't want to have not because I asked not...so we need to skip some numbers.