Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ethiopian food

This past weekend Leland and went to the Dallas / Fort Worth area. It was a great opportunity for us to get away and spend time together. We also capitalized on the opportunity to try Ethiopian food.

We enjoyed our experience, since we like trying new things. We had two different meat dishes and vegetable dishes. We also had injera, which is a spongy bread that is used for the plate and utensil. Injera reminds me of a crepe and tastes like a sour dough. Leland really enjoyed the injera and it will be an acquired taste for me (I have never enjoyed sourdough breads). I did love using injera as a utensil.

Next time I have Ethiopian food I will remember to take pictures before the plate is almost finished. I finished plate does help you understand the food, it just shows we liked it. I also look forward to trying to cook dishes.

No comments: