Tuesday, July 6, 2010

our life lessons

It amazes me how everyday circumstances can provide life lessons and character development. One of the things I appreciate about God is that He does not waste circumstances in our lives...He will use everything to teach us.

About two weeks ago, my wrist began hurting. I decided it would be best to not paint the chi alpha house and give them a season to rest. A week later, we went to the doctor for some adoption paperwork and I shared with him about the pain. He was quick to diagnosis it as tennis elbow with Leland grinning because he earlier told me it was that. I have started physical therapy and have begun the 6-8 week healing process.

On Sunday, I was praying and asking God to teach me whatever He wants through this process. I have learned that if God wants to teach me I want to learn quickly. Especially if pain is involved. I quickly realized that I was placing value in my ability to work...I need my value to be in Christ (not my daily achievements). I shared with Leland what I was learning and he quickly responded, I need to learn how to serve better.

So, right now we are learning to do less...and learning to serve more.

No comments: