Wednesday, August 4, 2010

just waiting

Adoption is a unique process. It includes lots of work, lots of waiting, and a complete lack of control. If someone is a control freak, adoption is definitely something God will use to refine them. We are in a short season of waiting, just a little preparation for the long season of waiting to come. I am also reminded that it is out of our control.

On Monday, we mailed off the workbook that we have been working on for months. It is the last thing needed for our home study to be approved, which allows us to move forward with another portion of the dossier. All we can do is check FedEx and see that the package is still in transition. And once it arrives at the agency, we don't know how long it will take to finalize the home study, a day, week, weeks...who knows.

There is some more paperwork I could work on but it is not pressing. Or I could work on starting some fundraising ideas but my tennis elbow is suppose to keep me off the computer. So I am learning to wait patiently and take it easy because we are committed to me healing.

We know that God has a plan for everything and has the ability to take care of it all. Maybe the season of waiting is just part of God's plan to help us be with the child He has in mind for us.

No comments: