Friday, August 6, 2010

rainy day thoughts

I am sitting in the house listening to the thunder, seeing the sky light up and the rain pour down. I never experienced thunderstorms like this until I moved to Louisiana two years ago. I don't know how to describe them and sometimes I am still scared by the storms.

Today, I am just reminded of how grateful I am that we have a roof that does not leak. It seems like something you don't think about but for the first year and a half we lived here we had a leak. During storms like this, you could hear the drops in the bucket from the failing roof.

Here is a picture of the project. I often times consider this the process of our house being healed, stripping it down so it could be built back up.Thank you God, for a roof that does not leak. I am so grateful for your provision and taking care of our needs. Each rainstorm without the dripping bucket reminds me of how faithfully God took care of our needs.

No comments: